Offering the Techscheme to your Employees
What is the Techscheme?
The Techscheme is a way of financing tech purchases for your employees over a 12 month period in a way which saves them on National Insurance and is cost neutral for you.
Why operate the Techscheme?
- Boosts employee moral and has been linked to a reduction in staff turnover in some organisations
- Helps employees develop their tech skills
- Easy to operate and cost neutral for employers
How does it work?
- Register as an employer at techscheme.co.uk
- Advertise the scheme to your employees
- Employees select the tech they would like from Apple or the amount they require to purchase the tech from Currys PC World and apply via the Techscheme website.
- You approve the purchase and set up the salary sacrifice via your payroll system.
- The employee receives a code for Currys PC World to order online or, if using Apple, the products are shipped to them.
Anything else I need to know?
- The equipment is owned by the employee the day after they receive it.
- If an employee leaves your employment before the payment plan is completed you can deduct the remaining balance from their final pay (or ask them to make payment if the amount owed is higher than their pay).
- If your employees are at or close to National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage you can set up an alternative agreement which makes deductions from net pay rather than gross pay. You will need to contact Techscheme to set this up.
- You will need to complete a P11D the following year for any employees who have participated.
For more information or to apply online visit www.techscheme.co.uk.
If you are interested in the Techscheme you may also wish to consider the Cycle to Work Scheme which allows employees to spread the costs of purchasing bikes and accessories. You can read more about this here